What is ethical jewellery?
This can be a complex area and one that can stir up some emotions, we are all becoming more conscious of what and where materials come from and how things are made.
What is ethical jewellery? It’s jewellery that has no negative impact on the people who make it, or the environment they’re produced in. This can mean the following:
- The use of materials you can trace back to the source, to ensure they’ve been produced in an ethical way for example, fair trade materials and conflict-free diamonds
- Using recycled materials such as gold and gemstones
- Using synthetic diamonds such as Lab grown diamonds
- Not using child labour and ensuring fair wages and working hours
- Not using practices that pollute or impact the environment
We are looking for ethical suppliers, designer and jewellers just for you.
We at The Jewellery App believe you should be given a choice, we are sourcing new and exciting designer makers who bring some of the most exciting new designs to the industry.
The Jewellery App aims to bring you widest choice of jewellery and suppliers and will keep you abreast of the facts as we build up our sellers and information.